Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm legit.

Zdrastvuytye! Kak dyela?
We are doing great here, but I just thought the other night how I would really love to sit back with a Founders Centennial.... things are a bit dry here. 

In other news, I now have my own business card!
It says "Madelyn Van Eck- English Teacher"
HOW COOL.
The green color of the wall? It's in every single room of the house and at night with florescent lights on, my eyes want to fall out of my head. It's nice when natural light is shining in, no?

We now have a girl staying with us, a bunch of prisoners were recently released on Tuesday and for a night we had 14 women and 3 children staying with us before their train left the next day. There are babies in the prison as well because the women's husbands are able to come and stay with their wives in the prison for a few days every year. The women want to get pregnant because it means more food, better care, etc. The train station is cold and it's an easy place for women to be trafficked, so it was awesome that they were able to stay here.
It went well. A knife was stolen from the kitchen..
But anyways, one of the ex-prisoners decided that she wanted to stay and change her lifestyle. So we'll see how it goes! I think I'll start teaching her English next week.

In a couple weeks Mike and I will be CHAPERONING a Sadie Hawkins dance at the school. LOOK AT US!

The days just seem to pass us by and I hope to be teaching English for Reach soon, but everything is a process here. You have to take life slow and plan enough time for problems throughout the day because there will always be something that pops up. It was like that in Ghana as well and I forget how much I enjoy taking life a little slower than usual. You have time to appreciate the small things.

Paka, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment