Sunday, January 29, 2012

oh no no no.

You can't flush toilet paper here. Instead, you throw it away in a trash can next to the toilet. We keep that door closed.

I think my toes may have frozen together yesterday. Mike and I accompanied M to 'the largest market in Central Asia' to find some fabric for the sewing projects. What we thought would be an adventuresome time where we could wander about ended up being what seemed like hours of standing in front of literally every stall in the fabric section. One would think that thick wool socks and big winter boots would protect ones toes from the cold, even repel the cold away with it's wondrous materials and fibers. On the contrary, my friends, they trap the cold in! My feet were sweaty when we were in the car because they were so toasty and then the sweat froze in that icebox of a market. I pulled my feet out of my boots on the way home and I really do think that I pulled at least four toes apart. Becoming queasy at the sight of a child's loose tooth, I didn't dare pull off my sock and look. It must be the worst thing that has happened to me since being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment